PATCHING OVER TO DISCIPLE
At Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club we hear from men in other MC/MM and 1% clubs who want to patch over to us, or patch their whole organization over to us. This doesn't mean it was a bad organization it just means that we all have a different callings and you gotta find the home that's right for you.
Our calling is simple: we are here to disciple men to have a daily word and prayer time and to support the one percent world with prayer. That means to be closer to God, having brothers who help you get there, and having a unique ability to speak into the lives men in the old school motorcycle clubs.
WHAT'S PATCHING OVER?
'Patching over' is an MC culture term for leaving your organization, turning in your colors to them with respect, and joining another organization. Like any true motorcycle club, we do not do patch for patch. Even if you have many years in MC culture, you need to learn the Disciple way. However the process for joining can be significantly shortened.
WHY WOULD I PATCH OVER?
Brothers who have come to us from organizations say they were looking for something different and what their club offered. Here are some things we hear:
1. I want to be in a true international MC motorcycle club. That means I earn my patch, nothing is given to me, I don't just pay for it online. I'm looking for Brotherhood, where I know the men around me are committed to me. I want a Brotherhood that rides side by side, handlebar to handlebar in a big tight pack, moving as a unit, organized, effective and safe because it teaches its men how to ride in MC style.
2. I'm looking for accountability, strong men of God around me who will push me to be a better man, husband and father. I want unified men who are going to teach me to have a daily word and prayer time, and be there for me when I fall, instead of being judgemental and walking away. I want hard core committed motorcycle men of God around me.
3. I have a heart for one percent ministry. I don't want an ice cream social crew where less than half the people show up once a month to ride a few miles. I want to be in 1% clubhouses, getting men saved, snatching then from the jaws of death.
4. I struggle with addiction, whether its alcohol, drugs, food, porn. I'm looking for a group of men who are organized in the fight to keep me clean and sober, and that's what the Disciple 43 Nazarite initiative is, the nationwide, statewide and chapter level group of clean and sober men available to help me.
5. I want a strong large national leadership team that's available to me anytime, I can pick up the phone and call them and get a response. I want to know that they effectively handle the 'politics' on a national level with all the major clubs. I want clearly written bylaws that are consistently enforced across the organization.
6. I want resources. I want club rings, shirts, hoodies, hats, key rings, I want to show my colors and look good doing it. I want to know that anywhere I go, I have a place to stay, & a motorcycle to ride if one is available. I want to know that if need be, national leadership will be on the next flight out to assist me.
7. I hate the word mandatory. It goes God, family, work, club, in that order. I need to earn the votes of the bros in my charter, but if I can't make the National run, so be it. And if I can, I get to sit back and watch packs of Bros from different states rolling in, giving me a hug, slapping me on the back, glad to see me. It's good to have brothers.
8. Dang that patch looks good! I want my colors to look good. I want a patch that was thoughtfully designed. Where everybody across the country wears it the same.
HEY, THAT'S WHAT I WANT!
If that's what you're looking for, you should know that we have successfully patched over men from one percent clubs, from motorcycle ministries, etc. If you would like more information on how to join Disciple, contact our National President by sending him a friend request on Facebook: James Disciple Johnson. You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless, and thanks for reading!
James Disciple Johnson
National President & Founder
Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club
GOD IS GREAT 888