Marijuana & Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club
In the context of Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club, marijuana use for any reason, legal or illegal, has time and again been confirmed as completely inappropriate for those who are part of the club, by overwhelming vote of the full patch members. This affirms the longstanding tradition of our bylaws, and is completely appropriate for the following reasons:
1. A key component of our ministry is our Drug Free 43 Nazarite initiative where we empower sobriety through biblical fasting. Our goal is to see men freed of addiction by the power of Christ, and it would be counterproductive and wholly inappropriate to change the bylaws to allow a new sort of drug use and addiction.
2. Given the fact that many of our brotherhood have come out of a world of addiction, and specifically from addiction to marijuana, it would be wrong in the strongest terms for us to reintroduce this powerful and addictive narcotic into our numbers, and cause our brothers to stumble. The Bible is unequivocally clear on this matter.
Luke 17 And he said to his disciples, “Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea.
Romans 14 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.
1 Cor 8 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.
3. Compassion dictates that we do not relegate our brothers to a life of addiction to falsely labeled "medical marijuana", but that we express the freedom and healing that is integral to the message of Jesus Christ. Christ did not come to mask symptoms of pain with marijuana, He came to heal us completely! Disciples do not shrink back from their responsibilities under the Word, by telling people to be addicted to marijuana. Rather, we resolve to follow what the scripture says, and pray healing over our brothers.
James 5 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.
Exodus 15 I am the Lord your healer
Isaiah 53 Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
4. The connection between marijuana and the occult is clearly documented, and it is the position of the founder of this club that marijuana use is akin to witchcraft and demonology. The very Greek word that we get the word pharmacy from means witchcraft. While Satan may be able to make you feel a little better for a little while, only God can heal you. The very fact that spiritists and demon worshippers consider marijuana as something that enables witchcraft and communication with demons signals us that it's the wrong direction for Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club.
1 Corinthians 10 You can’t drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too. You can’t have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. Are we trying to make the Lord jealous? Are we stronger than he is? You say, “Everything is permitted.” But not everything is good for us. Again you say, “Everything is permitted.” But not everything builds us up. We should not look out for our own interests. Instead, we should look out for the interests of others.
5. While the law of man may change in these evil days, God's law doesn't, praise God! Men may say killing babies and gay marriage are OK, but that doesn't make it so. The truths we hold to be self evident from scripture do not change with an act of Congress. Whether man says it's legal or not, we hold the standard of the word on sobriety.
Mal 3 For i am the Lord and I change not.
1 Cor 6 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Peter 5 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
6. Finally we Disciples must clearly show the way to Christ. We must be circumspect and hold to approved doctrine. We must re-establish what path a serious hardcore man of God walks in, and leave no room for waffling and equivocation in critical areas. Men will follow us, men who seek healing and recovery, and even one day our sons, and by our walk they must know clearly what sound wisdom and good judgement is. Only then can we begin to see generational healing, building up what the enemy has devastated in the lives of men.
Isaiah 61 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
Isiah 58 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Eph 5 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit
Let us never lower the bar, let us show the way to overcome!
James Disciple Johnson
Natl President and Founder
Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club
Marijuana & Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club